Monday, September 15, 2008

Excitement

I finally feel as if I might be able to make some progress towards correcting my poor eating habits. My company is partnering with a local fitness club to promote the “Strength For Life” fitness program. It is based on the book of the same name, written by Shawn Phillips. We have had two meetings to introduce us to the theories of the program. While I admit that I do not fully agree with the nutritional recommendations for the first twelve days of the program, I will commit to those requirements for the twelve days. Who knows? They may make a believer out of me. My main concerns – no dairy or bread (even whole wheat). I guess I will be filling up on salads! This will be the first time that I’ve followed a structured exercise and nutrition program, so I’m not sure how I’ll fare. Once past the twelve-day “base camp”, the exercise regimen will consist of weight training, which I’ve never done before. Much like the credit card challenge, I have my doubts; but since the credit card challenge opened my eyes to new behaviors, I’m hopeful that this program will do the same for me.

3 comments:

morningDove said...

I had a personal trainer for 3 months and did a little weight training with things I could use at home and stretching, situps. Began to drink plenty of water, increase calories(good of course) and lost inches all over. Weight doesn't bother me, just inches. Can't wait to see how you feel after 12 days. My weakness - bread. Open mind and enjoy.

Michelle said...

How's it going, girl? You're 10 days in. Thinking of you!!

morningDove said...

how are you doing Sue? what have you accomplished and what are you finding hard? a girls gotta know.