Saturday, February 21, 2009

Reality check

In my last entry I was filled with optimism. I had just started an official training plan and I had a gung-ho, full speed ahead, make-every-minute-count mentality. Today I am drained. And yesterday was a rest day. All I did was walk the dog. I'm left wondering if this trip towards Ironman will be worth it. Thankfully, I have 5 months of half-ironman training before I have to make a decision about entering the full-Ironman. Thankfully, too, I have a wonderfully supportive and understanding boyfriend. It's going to be an interesting ride.....(and swim, and run)!

1 comment:

morningDove said...

i'm still routing for you, after a week in bed and being out of shape I say keep going. You can and will do it. Drained can be good time to reflect and then get back in the saddle. At least that is where i am in life. once empty you have to be filled back up.