Sunday, December 28, 2008

Still the same old me



(photos courtesy of Amazon.com!)

Ever since I can remember, I have always received several animal-related books for Christmas. I've received general biology-related books, horse books (LOTS!), cat and dog books, breed-specific books, etc. The books that stick with me are the ones that celebrate the special bonds that develop between humans and animals. It has been what has drawn me to my career (a veterinary technician) and never fails to touch me deeply.

This year is no different as I received the above books from members of my boyfriend's family. The interesting thing to me is that I didn't need to ask for these books, they intuitively knew that I would no doubt enjoy them. That's how deeply I celebrate my love for animals.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some reading to do!

1 comment:

morningDove said...

these look like interesting reads. i love it when friends/family know us so well that they can buy just the right gift for us. My sons did the same thing this year. I was very impressed.