Friday, May 2, 2008

I’m in love…

(with my parents’ Prius!) My Mom & Dad purchased a Prius a few weeks ago and used it when they came to visit us last week. I thought I was doing well by squeezing an average of 33 mpg out of my Honda Accord by driving conservatively. They’re getting about 52-53 mpg with their hybrid. They were gracious enough to let me drive the car while we went sightseeing for a couple of days and was I ever impressed! We fit three people (one of whom is over 6’ tall), two dogs (both over 50 lbs), and our gear into the car comfortably. It is fun to drive and handles very well. If anybody’s considering a hybrid vehicle I strongly recommend you take one for a test drive and seriously check them out. Hopefully I won’t be replacing my car very soon, but when that time rolls around, I will definitely think long and hard about a Prius.

1 comment:

morningDove said...

thanks for the info on this hybrid. I've noticed more and more hybrid cars. Wow with gas mileage like that I want one. Hubby keeps saying he will get me a new car, before I didn't want one, now I will reconsider.