Monday, January 5, 2009

Change is not necessarily bad

Yesterday was another organizational day for me. Mostly, I cleared paperwork from my desk. I did get out to the local drugstore for some supplies and I stopped at the grocery store for ingredients for homemade pizza (including homemade dough!) Now, our neighborhood grocery store remodeled about 6 months ago. The last time I made a pizza was well over that timeframe. I had gotten used to a specific brand of mozzarella cheese which both my boyfriend and I decided was superior. Wouldn’t you know that they are no longer carrying that brand of cheese? Rats. In fact, I could only find one brand of mozzarella and it didn’t appear that it would be very good. Nonetheless, unwilling to scrap my plans for pizza dinner, I purchased the “inferior” cheese. I spent part of the afternoon making the dough, kneading it, leaving it to rise and forming it onto the pizza stone. Now it was time for the toppings and the second ingredient that we’re both very particular about – the sauce. We use a jarred sauce from a different grocery store that’s about 20 miles away. Yes, we had made sure that we had a jar of sauce before we decided on pizza. Problem was, when I opened the jar, it didn’t appear to have been sealed well. There was black debris all over the inside of the jar. Rats times two! Now what do we do? I searched the freezer, hoping for a half-used jar that I had frozen and forgotten about. No luck. My BF suggested we make our own sauce. Not at 7:00 at night! I considered using pesto, but my BF didn’t like that idea. We finally resorted to using regular pasta sauce, which I thought would be too thin. It was perfect! In fact, the whole pizza turned out to be way better than I’d ever made before. Three cheers for change!!

1 comment:

morningDove said...

i would be kicking and screaming all the way. But I know change can be good. Matter of fact I'm sure that i will experience quite a bit of that this year.