Monday, April 28, 2008

Changing Dreams


So my absence the past few days was because I was preparing for a visit from my Mom and Dad. They only live 90 miles away, but we only get together every couple of months or so. This particular visit was our first since February, so we were overdue! And this time, they came to visit us, which meant I had to do a little bit of cleaning, as I’m not the tidiest housekeeper in the world. (Mom assured me that she wouldn’t mind a little dust, but I *do* have my pride!!) I will post details of our adventures in the next few days.

As for the changing dreams….I decided today that trying to do the 10-mile Mountain Goat run was not a wise idea. I wrote to the race director and asked if I could switch my pre-registration to the 3k run instead and he cheerfully (and rather speedily) replied that yes, I could make the swap. As I was contemplating this change of plans, I realized that the first two lines of “The River” are quite pertinent here.

You know a dream is like a river
Ever changin' as it flows

And a dreamer's just a vessel
That must follow where it goes
Trying to learn from what's behind you
And never knowing what's in store
Makes each day a constant battle
Just to stay between the shores.. and

So for now, some dreams are changing, some are beginning to take shape and once I get a handle on what it will take to accomplish one of my biggest dreams, I will let you know!

1 comment:

morningDove said...

Some dust may have settled around your house but not in your dreams. Keep it going, looking forward to your post. Taking time for family is a great thing. Like "The River" post. thought provoking.