Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A little setback

I haven’t been doing so well lately with the running for the Mountain Goat. I had hoped to be up to running 6-7 miles a couple of times per week, but that hasn’t happened. To top it off, I battled with a cold over this past weekend (the cold won). So, I have less than two weeks to get my legs acclimated to long runs. Now I know for sure I’ll be walking a big portion of the Goat. Oh well. It is better for me to walk some of the distance, than run the whole thing and risk injury.

My co-worker is back today for the first time since her surgery and so far so good. Her pain is diminished (though not gone), and it is so good to see her with a hint of a smile on her face again. Yea!

4 comments:

morningDove said...

set backs are just opportunities to persevere. I will keep you in prayer for increased stamina. Glad to hear coworker is back and smiling. I'll keep her in prayer too. When you're running just look around at the things God has created. He will begin to touch your heart and awaken it to HIM.

morningDove said...

I've prayed for you and your run also for your coworker's pain to leave completely.

morningDove said...

I'm waiting on a new blog post. What's going on with biking? I thought of you riding your bike in early morning hours when I walked out onto my porch this morning.

Nikki said...

My husband is an avid biker and also does a 17.5 mile commute each way. I am trying to get in shape to keep up with him (and be able to wear the same size I did before baby #4). Your strides forward and all the little setbacks are very encouraging. Keep sharing!