Sunday, April 20, 2008

Well, it’s about time!

I’ve never been one to attend church. I’ve never considered myself to have a connection with God or Jesus. Frankly I was mystified when people would ask for prayers if they were having a hard time with life. I had certainly never prayed for myself because I didn’t think I mattered. But that’s changing. Through Michelle’s blog, I’ve had the pleasure of reading her Aunt Dee’s blog and Morning Dove’s blog. I’ve also had the influence of two very kind co-workers whose conviction in their faith is absolutely inspiring. So here’s a neat story…

A different co-worker is battling a very debilitating disease and went in Wednesday for experimental surgery. For several days prior, there had been many discussions of prayer and hope for a successful outcome and so forth. I had mentioned to Kathy (the co-worker undergoing surgery) that I would say a prayer, but I wasn’t sure how much good it would do. On Wednesday morning I was talking with one of my more reverent co-workers and mentioned that I had said a prayer for Kathy but that I wasn’t sure if God had heard me. She said of course He did and that He had been waiting to hear from me! Those words are still reverberating through my soul and to some degree I’m still trying to make sense out of it. Now, I don’t ever see myself as attending church regularly or even reading the bible (though maybe someday…), but I think this is a good first step.

3 comments:

morningDove said...

very interesting stirrings in you. I am deeply Christ-centered but not religious. Those days are over. To me there is a difference. Relationship not how many times I revolve through a door matter. Yes prayer, to me that is, matters deeply and I know it changes things. I appreciate you reading my blog. I definitely have enjoyed yours so far. Keep up the great readings and adventures.

sherry carrigan said...

I think it's wonderful that you've taken the first steps. I started my new venture the first of this year. Dove has been a great inspriration along with surrounding myself with new friends that belive. Good Luck in all your jouneys.

Nikki said...

Thank you for sharing your story. I've been struggling with all the daily challenges of life. I know that God is using you and other strangers to reach out to me this morning.